- Maintain the contents and appearance of the CAPSI National Website (English and French)
- Manage and maintain CAPSI National social media accounts; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, etc.
- Update the website content regularly, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information is readily available to the public: – CAPSI National event descriptions
- Manage CAPSI email accounts
- Monitor emails submitted through the Contact Us Question Form, answering questions submitted or forwarding the emails to the most appropriate council member in a timely manner
- Contact Netfirms as needed for issues and technical support
- Act as the Chairperson of the CAPSI Website Committee
- Manage an appropriate Website Committee budget
- Participate actively in the CAPSI Membership Committee, CAPSI Communications Committee, CAPSI Translation Committee, etc.
– CAPSI National campaigns (i.e. International Pharmacists Day, Pharmacist Awareness Month, etc.)
– The CAPSIL; promptly posting the new edition, archiving previous editions, and updating the CAPSIL image on the homepage slider
– National General Council Meeting minutes; promptly posting new minutes and archiving previous minutes
– Professional Development Week; providing current information, archiving previous PDW information, and creating a highlight section on the home page
– “Sponsors” Page; update CAPSI Partner and Sponsor information, logos, CU ads banner, etc.
– Annual update of the “Meet the Council” page; including collecting information for council members’ profiles, taking council photos at CPhA, and archiving the list of previous council members
– Annual update of the “Contact Us” Page
– Work with VPPA on the “ScOPe” Page to ensure current content in the ScOPe map
– Annual update of CAPSI Local Pages (i.e. events, photos, etc.)
– Develop new web pages as needed
– Manage the content and functionality of the “Members Only” portion of site