- To oversee the running of all CAPSI local events and services
- To be an active member of the Undergraduate Pharmacy Council if so designated by the local Undergraduate Pharmacy Constitution.
- To schedule meetings of the CAPSI local council and draw up agendas so as to act as Chairperson at meetings of the local CAPSI Council.
- To run a CAPSI Awareness Week in September and continue to promote membership to students throughout the year.
- To appoint an IPSF Contact person to organize and promote local IPSF campaigns and initiatives.
- To appoint a Student Exchange Program Contact person who will be responsible for coordinating the student exchange program within their city. This individual will be responsible for finding host sites and accommodations for students participating in the SEP.
- To appoint a CAPSIL representative who will be responsible for coordinating matters relating to the CAPSIL and article submission. This individual will report to the CAPSIL Editor.
- To inform members locally of all national competitions, awards, programs and initiatives and to encourage their participation in these programs both locally and nationally where applicable including: – CAPSI Awareness Week (CAW)
- To oversee the running of the above initiatives unless a local CAPSI Council member has been appointed to do so.
- To attend General Council meetings at Professional Development Week (PDW) and the CPhA conference.
- To keep the Council informed of the activities and opinions of his/her constituents relative to the Association and National Pharmacy affairs.
- To respond and provide feedback to the President’s letters and other communications and issues from the National Executive and General Council where input is required.
- To organize fundraising events to defer costs of attending PDW and to encourage the participation of as many students as possible at these conferences.
- To promote PDW participation through advertising, fundraising and meetings of PDW participants.
- To relay necessary information from the PDW Host Committee in a timely manner and ensure that registration forms and payments are sent in to the Host Committee.
- To supply the necessary registration information for other pharmacy conferences not hosted by CAPSI National including CPhA, IPSF, FIP, etc.
- To act as the PDW Liaison if PDW is hosted at his/her faculty and to help with the planning and organization of this event.
- To plan and organize educational and social events.
- To publicize through posters, letters and articles in the Undergraduate newsletters all CAPSI local and national organized events.
- To maintain a CAPSI Bulletin Board, posting all national and local news pertaining to CAPSI.
- To ensure CAPSI local finances are maintained and are accurate.
- To maintain a close relationship with provincial Pharmacy Associations (i.e. send reports, attend meetings, promote membership, etc.).
- To promote Affiliate Organizations’ programs that promote professionalism in members, as students and future pharmacists.
- To actively participate in all of CAPSI National and local activities, projects and initiatives.
- To submit articles to the CAPSIL when required and to encourage submissions by other CAPSI General Members.
- To distribute the CAPSIL to General CAPSI members.
- Participate as an active member of the National Council, offering feedback and input on any issues and discussions that arise.
- Attend meetings and prepare and distribute reports at two Meetings: PDW and the VTC prior to the CPhA Conference. (Reports may be made throughout the year to inform the Executive and General Council as needed).
– CAPSI Student Literary Challenge
– CAPSI Patient Interview Competition
– CAPSI Over-the-Counter (OTC) Counselling Competition
– CAPSI Compounding Competition
– CAPSI Award of Professionalism Symposia
– Pharmacist Awareness Week (PAW)
– Ratiopharm Handwashing Program