- Compile information regarding the resources, relationships and events held at local and international levels regarding interprofessional collaboration in order to promote interprofessional collaboration and organize national interprofessional events.
- Work with the Webmaster to ensure current content is current in the ScOPe map and CAPSI’s
- Organize and coordinate a minimum of one (1) interprofessional Pharmacist Awareness Month (PAM) event on a national level to be run at each school.
- Act as a media relations officer to increase CAPSI’s exposure through the general media and delegate incoming requests from general media to the appropriate portfolio with the use of an updated press package, media release, or other professional communication.
- Develop collaborative opportunities to promote the profession of pharmacy, through publications and/or networking events in order to maintain interprofessional relationships with other professional
healthcare student organizations.
- Stay up to date on relevant news and explore intra and interprofessional collaborations. Use
information gathered to contribute a minimum of one (1) article per CAPSIL edition.
- Act as a voice for our association to external stakeholders, that do not fall under the portfolio of the VP Communications
- Initiate and maintain relations with other student health professional organizations. – Ensure the views and positions of our association are made known to external student health professions.
- Attend conferences of other student health professional organizations with or in lieu of the
President to meet with their executive councils, and when required, work closely with executive, the presidential positions specifically, to continually develop and expand his/her portfolio.
- Coordinate the CAPSI Symposia nationally by ensuring topics for the upcoming year are chosen annually at the CPhA conference; researching topics thoroughly; provide each Senior and Junior Representative information on the topics and instructions on organizing the symposium locally. Collect local reports to prepare a national summary of the symposium.
- Coordinate community outreach programs nationally.
- Work closely with VP Communications to maximize CAPSI’s exposure to other organizations.
- Submit articles of national student interest and an update of activities to the CAPSIL.
- Participate as an active member of the National Council, offering feedback and input on any
issues and discussions that arise.
- Attend meetings and prepare and distribute reports at two Meetings: PDW and the TC prior to the CPhA Conference. (Reports may be made throughout the year to inform the National Council as needed).
– Invite representatives of external student health professions to attend PDW.
– Organize meetings/teleconference calls between CAPSI and the associations of other student health professions.
– Write letters to executive and council members of other student health professions introducing him or herself, as well as the CAPSI National Council executive members and local representatives for each province.
– Act as a resource for Senior and Junior CAPSI Representatives to help promote interprofessional events at a local level.
– Develop an understanding of the issues facing other student health professions.
– Keep other student health professions informed about CAPSI activities and initiatives, and solicit their support when required.
– Attend conferences of other student health professional organizations with or in lieu of the President to meet with their executive councils, when required, including: Annual National Health Science Students’ Association Conference]